Pages

Eid Al Adha 2016

Hello Humans!


It has been a long time since I wrote a new post. That's because school happened and I don't have much free time left because of it. This is my last year and I am already so scared for my final exams! But that's not what this post is about. This post is about how my Eid Al Adha went and what it exactly is. Many people are confused because they don't know what it is exactly, so I am here to explain it to you! To answer your question (probably): Yes I am a Muslim and I am proud to be one! Okay now let's move on to the meaning of Eid Al Adha.

Eid Al Adha: What is it?

Eid al-Adha (Arabicعيد الأضحى‎‎ ʿīd al-aḍḥā[ʕiːd ælˈʔɑdˤħæː], "Festival of the Sacrifice"), also called the "Sacrifice Feast", is the second of two Muslim holidays celebrated worldwide each year, and considered the holier of the two. It honors the willingness ofIbrahim (Abraham) to sacrifice his son, as an act of submission to God's command, before God then intervened sending his angel Jibra'il (Gabriel) to inform him that his sacrifice had already been accepted. The meat from the sacrificed animal is divided into three parts. The family retains one third of the share; another third is given to relatives, friends and neighbors; and the remaining third is given to the poor and needy.                                                                                                  
         (Source: Wikipedia)

So basically every year we need to 'sacrifice' a sheep or goat, or whatever is meat. (Not chicken though) On this day we eat a lot of meat and give presents to each other. I must say that I am not an expert in this, not at all but I know the basis! Every year Eid falls on another day because the Islamic calender is different than the normal one. We look at the moon to know when the new month has come, so this year Eid fell on 12 September. In the Islam we have two Islamic holidays: Eid Al Fitr (the feast at the end of Ramadan) and Eid Al Adha.I think that is the basis you need to know for now.

My Eid Al Adha 2016

8am
I woke up to make breakfast with my oldest sister. Her husband, my other sister and my oldest sister daughter went to the mosque to pray the Eid prayer. I didn't go so I could help my sister in the kitchen. Normally we would celebrate it with my parents but this year they went to Morocco so my mother could celebrate it with my grandparents. Sadly I couldn't go because I have school the next day. After we had everything set and we were done I made some Oreo bonbons with white chocolate. I had made it in the morning because it needed to be hard when we would eat them.


Noon
We had lunch at this moment of the day. My sister would slaughter (that word is terrible) a sheep the next day so we wouldn't eat a lot of meat this day. I don't like meat that much so I didn't care to be honest. We had normal meat skewers.

2pm
My sister who was with us had to go to work because she didn't got a day off. We didn't do much when she went away so we were just chilling and eating loads of sweets. Normally we all get a day off from work or school but this time she had loads of stuff to do so she couldn't get it. Oh I forgot, I watched with the daughters of my sister (nieces) Shrek.

Shrek yay

The presents for the kids!

4pm 
We had to get ready to go to my other sister in another city. Yes I know, I have a lot of sisters! I have 4 so it was a busy house when we were little. I straightened my hair and my nieces hair and we waited till everyone was done to go!

6pm
We finally arrived! We had barbecue and we ate a lot of chicken and meat! After we had dinner, we cleaned everything up and got some Moroccan tea with the Oreo bonbons and an awesome red velvet cake! It was delicious. I also made a ginger flavoured fudge. It was great I think! the only problem here was that it was so hot that everything melted! So it looked like shit but it tasted amazing!
My bonbons really looked like shit

This cake was amazing! (and bought)

The ginger flavoured fudge!

10pm
My oldest sister went home and my sister finally came back from home! Yay, we could finally go home after such a tiring day and I even felt sick because I ate so much. Oh and I had school the next day so that was fun.


A little bit traditional

awkward standing

Of course when I came home I catched up on everything and felt straight to sleep! It was a fun day! I hope you enjoyed this post and that you have learned something! Leave a comment if you have any questions about this day and I will answer them with pleasure!

See you next week

Signing Off

Sofia Without Knowledge

Unknown

No comments: